Monday, October 19, 2009

It’s Boring to Make Money at Home

make money at home, adsense niche blogs, niche blogs
The Boring Way to Make Money at Home...

Do I make this whole make money at home digital nomad thing sound fun? The truth is, it’s damn boring! After 2 years, it is finally getting to the point where I’m having some fun. The past 2 years have been a tedious and boring form of hell, but I am so glad I forced myself to keep going. It’s not easy doing the same thing everyday to make money at home: type articles, find backlinks, make farms, do keyword research…. It was the same thing, day after day, and for a while it seemed like I was making no progress whatsoever. If this “make money online” routine sounds all too familiar to you, please know that I know exactly how you feel!

Let me put some numbers out there for you:

It seemed like after I created about 200 Adsense niche blogs (with solid, keyword relevant content) was when my Adsense income really took off. Since then, it was been increasing each month, even if I don’t create any more Adsense niche blogs. It is currently at about $8000 per month – just for Adsense. With my affiliate programs and other forms of making money at home, obviously my income is higher. I have a LOT more than 200 Adsense blogs now BTW.

Nowadays, I still make Adsense niche blogs, but not like I used to. Truth is, I will probably never stop making niche blogs to make money at home. So far, they seem to be fairly recession-proof.

A Word of Advice:

Lately, I have been pouring through some of my main Adsense blogs and thickening up the content a bit. I’ve been adding more posts to them… adding content to some of the weak posts… and some other forms of tweaking because I want to make absolutely sure they won’t get slapped by Google. If you have any blogs that get a good amount of traffic and clicks or that are in a competitive niche… the more legit and helpful they are the better – you just never know when the wrath of Google will strike for those of us who make money at home. The rumor is that big G will be more and more picky as time goes on and more and more willing to throw us into the sandbox if we don’t behave to their standards. Let’s not take any chances.

I prefer to save my risk taking for my digital nomad lifestyle choice. Somehow, it’s more comforting to not know where I will be living next week than to wonder if Google will strike me down with a lightning bolt. I got out of my comfort zone by not having a steady paycheck from a “job”, but I will not leave the comfort zone of having legitimate Adsense niche blogs with as much content as possible (for the more competitive niches like “make money at home” and “shoes”).

I know I said that backlinks are more important than content in my e-book. Yes, that is true. But also, you have to go with the current when it comes to Google’s behavior. Are you confused now? Just nod and say “yes”… LOL

I never said the content had to be groundbreaking or scholarly, but it does need to be thick and helpful on the surface. If anything, just make posts about the same topics by rewording your own posts and throwing in new, minute details. Do it however you can, and keep spitting out content for the Adsense niche blogs. And remember - don’t create crap content on your Adsense blogs!

I told you making money at home is boring! It’s the same steps, over and over! If you want to make money at home bad enough, you will do it.

On a personal note, I’m back in the United States and I don’t know why (ok, well…. I do know why… I’m bringing my new puppy back to Brazil with me.) Maybe she’ll start new site called “Make Money at Home for Pomeranians” so her mommy can buy her endless chicken jerky strips.

Making Money at Home from Colorado,
Janet
and
Samantha the Pomeranian

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, thick and rich (not overly helfful content.) I've been doing that on a personal level for a long time ...

    And you're right about the pets...they have to have their fun too. Good quality pet food and snacks don't come cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just spent $20 last night on a bag of Vitalife chicken tenders for them.... My larger dog, Samantha, points to the bag with her paw when she wants one and when I run out of the snacks, she gets mad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Discover how THOUSAND of individuals like YOU are making a LIVING online and are living their dreams right NOW.
    GET FREE INSTANT ACCESS

    ReplyDelete